Natural Care and Treatment for Endometriosis
Endometriosis is one of the main reasons for female infertility. It affects nearly 5 to 10 per cent women and can occur anytime from the beginning of the menstrual period till the menopause period. In rare cases it may appear even after the menopause. You can be affected even after hysterectomy surgery or menopause due to the estrogen replacement therapy or continuous hormones production after the menopause.
In this condition, endometrial tissue that lines the inside of the uterus, grows outside the uterus to latch itself on other organs such as ovaries, fallopian tubes or the ligaments which supports the uterus. This tissue responds to the monthly cycle hormones which causes a bleeding without any passage to exit. This causes inflammation and scarring of the tissue, one of the causes for infertility in women.
Home Remedies for Endometriosis
- Have ginger tea it alleviates the endometriosis symptoms of nausea.
- A regular workout regime goes a long way. It is one of the recommended things to do, during your crisis with endometriosis. Exercising helps you deal with the pain as it makes it lot lesser.
- Increase you immunity by consuming fresh fruits and vegetables which are known to be rich in vitamins. Vitamin C increases the immunity level so have vegetables and fruits like broccoli, red bell peppers, oranges, strawberries and cantaloupe.
- Eat fish that too mackerel, herring and sardine which are rich in omega-3 fatty acids. The omega-3 suppresses prostaglandin production which is the main reason for cramping.
- Even though it is not scientifically proven but caffeine as well as smoking can aggravate endometriosis problem.
- You can use heat or cold therapy to beat endometriosis. By having hot beverages or by keeping a heating pad on the abdomen it can bring relief from the abdominal pain and cramping. Or you can tie an ice pack in towel which is placed on your lower abdomen.
- Lose excess weight as it decreases estrogen level and would also help in improving the symptoms of endometriosis.
- Sitz bath is recommended for this problem. Sitz bath is a warm bath taken in a sitting position that covers only your hips and buttocks, looks as if you are sitting on a chair. Sit for three minutes in a tub filled with hot water and then sit in another tub with cold water for one minute. This cycle is repeated three times and should be avoided during menstruation.
- Acupressure helps in relieving pain caused due to endometriosis. When the pain starts press the area on the inside of your leg about two inches above your ankle bone. Press with your thumb to locate the spot that feels tender. Another area is to press is the web of your hand. Press at the base where the bones of your thumb and index finger meet. If there is no pain while pressing, it is the wrong spot. If it hurts just keep pressing till you feel relief in the pelvic area.
Warning: The reader of this article should exercise all precautionary measures while following instructions on the home remedies from this article. Avoid using any of these products if you are allergic to it. The responsibility lies with the reader and not with the site or the writer.